Thursday, February 25, 2016

Coffee at the Sea of Galilee Reflection Day

This morning I sat looking out at the Sea of Galilee. I had a cup of Americano coffee and a small pastry.  The sea was quiet today.  Small ripples disturbed the water on occasion, while the gulls floated without any movement. 
As I sat I recalled the many times Jesus was in a boat on this sea, walked along it, invited people to listen, to change, to follow. 
As well I imagined the many people who gathered to listen, who were amazed, who were able to drop everything and follow.  Somehow the breeze that drifted off of the lake touched more than my skin. It seemed an invitation to listen, be amazed again with Jesus and to cast my  net into the deep. 


You walked and sailed here.
Your presence still permeates.
Lord that I may see.

They followed amazed.
Desiring the gift offered.
Lord that I may yearn.

Instructions for life.
Peace, love generosity,
Lord that I may live.



No comments:

Post a Comment